2017 Fall Semester Music Classes
12-Week After-School Strings Class For 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Students
The 12-Week After-School Strings Class for 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th grade students is designed to give elementary school students an extra-curricular music activity, expose these students to the orchestral string instruments at the elementary-school level, and better prepare students to participate in the Henderson County Middle School and Hendersonville Symphony Youth Orchestra ensemble programs if they choose.
String Class Days/Times
REGISTRATION CLOSED: CLASS 1 (Grades 3-5): One Wednesday class time from 4:00 – 5:00 PM with a maximum class size of 25 students is offered for the Fall semester. Classes will meet each Wednesday, September 20th through Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 at the Music Academy of WNC and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Class tuition for the entire 12-week semester is $95.00. All classes are taught by Karen Entzi. Register On the Form Below.
Steps In Preparing For The After-School Strings Program
- Complete the registration form below, select the desired class day, choose which instrument your child is interested in learning (violin, viola, or cello), and pay the tuition. All tuition payments are processed through PayPal. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. You can use your PayPal account or any debit or credit card if you do not have a PayPal account.
- Visit Tempo Music Center, in downtown Hendersonville, North Carolina and purchase the following items prior to the first class:
- Essential Elements, Book 1 for the instrument of choice (violin, viola, or cello)
- Fingerboard stickers for instrument of choice (violin, viola, or cello)
- Fearnleaf Community Charter School students will also need to purchase a portable (wired) music stand to bring to each class.
- If you need to rent an instrument for the duration of the 12-week class, please see Lillian Hall at Tempo Music Center for rental information and pricing.
- Please bring your instrument, bow, fingerboard stickers, Essential Elements Book 1, and music stand (FernLeaf students only) to each class.