On October 2, 2020, North Carolina Governor, Roy Cooper, announced the State will enter Phase 3 of its COVID-19 three phase plan. The Music Academy of WNC takes the health, safety, and well-being of our faculty, staff, students, and their family members very seriously and will enter the Phase 3 portion of our COVID-19 reopening plan that coincides with Governor Cooper’s plan beginning Monday, October 5, 2020. All questions and concerns should be directed to the Music Academy Director HERE.
For updates on the Coronavirus in Henderson County, please click HERE to be redirected to the Henderson County Department of Health’s COVID-19 Public Health Advisory page. The North Carolina COVID-19 Response page is HERE. The Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 page is HERE. Current North Carolina cases with map can be found HERE.
Music Academy of WNC Three-Phase Coronavirus Reopening Plan
(Phase 3) – Effective October 5, 2020
- All private music lesson students will be transitioned back to in-person lessons at the Music Academy of WNC in accordance with State, County, and Hendersonville City guidelines. However, we will continue to offer our online lesson formats to students who wish to utilize them.
- There will be no in-person ensembles or music classes.
- We will continue to disinfect surfaces, furniture, door handles, keyboards, music stands, and common touch points within the building on a regular basis.
- Family members of students may enter our lobby or any other part of the building during their Music Academy visit in accordance with State, County, and Hendersonville City guidelines.
- Faculty, staff, students, and their family members should wear a face mask when entering the Music Academy lobby, other parts of the building, and our private lesson studios in accordance with State, County, and Hendersonville City guidelines. All faculty members, students, and their family members should provide their own face mask coverings.
- All faculty members, staff, students, and their family members entering the lobby, other parts the building, or our teaching studios should practice social distances of six feet in accordance with State, County, and Hendersonville City guidelines.
- We will continue to ask our faculty, staff, students, and their family members to wash their hands with soap and water and use hand sanitizer prior to in-person lessons at the Music Academy. Our restrooms are located in the back hallway.
- We ask our students and their family members to refrain from attending in-person lessons, music classes, ensembles, recitals, or performances if they are sick or showing any symptoms that are linked to the COVID-19
- We encourage our faculty, staff, students, and their family members to use simple, everyday actions that protect us all from respiratory viruses, including frequent hand-washing and properly covering every cough or sneeze.
- We are monitoring the situation daily and will continue to take the recommended steps as suggested by the Centers for Disease Control, state local governments, and area health agencies and providers. Be assured that we will reach out to our faculty, staff, students, and their family members immediately if the status of our operation changes.