The Music Academy supports faculty and students on three different online lesson formats: Google Meet; Google Duo for Android devices; and FaceTime for IPhone devices. Below are student connection procedures for each application. Please contact your instructor or the Music Academy Director with any technical or connectivity questions.
- Make sure your computer and/or Internet device has a built-in camera and microphone.
- Please use the Google Chrome browser on your PC or MAC computer for maximum compatibility. Mobile device users will need to download the Google Hangouts application for their device.
- Instructors will email students a meeting invitation several minutes prior to their lesson. Please check your email inbox, as well as your spam box, for this invitation.
- Open the email with the online invitation.
- Click on the “Join Meeting” button within the email. If your instructor only sends you a meeting link then click on the meeting link within the email.
- “Allow” Google Meet to access your camera and microphone. Older Internet browsers without the Google Camera Plugin may also be instructed to download and install this plugin prior to their first lesson beginning. Both of these steps in #6 will only need to be completed during the first lesson connection. Future lessons will be allowed to skip this step after this initial setup. Please use Google Chrome as your Internet browser for maximum compatibility.
- Click the “Join Now” button.
- You will now be connected to begin your lesson.
Google Duo for Android Devices and PC
- Open the Google Duo application on your Android device prior to your first lesson and grant Google Duo access to your camera and microphone. Agree to any terms of service and conditions if this is the first time accessing Google Duo.
- Your instructor will video call your cellphone number with the Google Duo application to start your lesson.
- Answer the Google Duo video call to begin your lesson.
Facetime for Apple IPhone Devices and MAC computer
- Open the Facetime application on your IPhone device prior to your first lesson and grant FaceTime access to your camera and microphone. Agree to any terms of service and conditions if this is the first time accessing FaceTime.
- Your instructor will video call your cellphone number with the FaceTime application to start your lesson.
- Answer the FaceTime video call to begin your lesson.