2020 Spring Semester Music Classes
12-Week After-School Strings Classes For Kindergarten Through 5th Grade Students
The 12-Week After-School Strings Classes for Kindergarten through 5th grade students are designed to give school students an extra-curricular music activity, expose them to the orchestral string instruments, and better prepare them to participate in a vast array of string ensemble and orchestra programs throughout Henderson County. Students can choose to study the violin, viola, or cello. Please register HERE.
Steps In Preparing For The After-School Strings Program
- Complete the registration form HERE, select the desired class, choose which instrument your child is interested in learning (violin, viola, or cello), select the appropriate required materials package(s), and pay the tuition. All tuition payments are processed through PayPal. Your registration is not complete until payment is received. You can use your PayPal account or any debit or credit card if you do not have a PayPal account.
- Required Class Materials: The items outlined below are required for the class and can be purchased on the registration form. These items must be brought to each class. Please select the appropriate materials package for the desired grade (K-1 or 2-5) and instrument of choice (violin, viola, cello) on the registration form. Materials will be given to each student on the first day of class by the instructor. Required materials packages on the registration form include the following:
- Grades K-1: Suzuki Book 1 for the instrument of choice (violin, viola, or cello)
- Grades 2-5: Essential Elements Book 1 for the instrument of choice (violin, viola, or cello)
- All Grades: Shoulder rest for violin/viola or a rock-stop for cello.
- All Grades: Portable Music Stand with carry bag.
- If you need to rent an instrument for the duration of the 12-week class, please contact Lillian Hall at Tempo Music Center in Hendersonville, NC for rental information and pricing. Please do not purchase a colorful plastic instrument or purchase from Amazon. No matter how inexpensive or pretty it is it will not tune or play well and you may end up having to spend much more.
- Please bring your instrument, bow, shoulder rest or rock-stop, Suzuki or Essential Elements Book, and music stand to each class.
String Class Days/Times
Music Academy (Grades K-1): This class is open to all students in Grades K-1. One class time with a maximum class size of 15 students is offered for the 2020 Spring semester to beginning string students. Classes will meet each Tuesday, January 28th – April 21st, 2020 from 4:00 – 4:45 PM in the music classroom of the Music Academy of WNC and are filled on a first come, first served basis. No classes on Tuesday, April 14, 2020. Class tuition for the entire 12-week semester is $110.00 plus class materials. All classes are taught by Emily Vaughn. Please Register HERE.
Music Academy (Grades 2-5): This class is open to all students in Grades 2-5. One class time with a maximum class size of 15 students is offered for the 2020 Spring semester to beginning string students. Classes will meet each Thursday, January 30th – April 23rd, 2020 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM in the music classroom of the Music Academy of WNC and are filled on a first come, first served basis. No classes on Thursday, April 16, 2020. Class tuition for the entire 12-week semester is $110.00 plus class materials. All classes are taught by Emily Vaughn. Please Register HERE.