2021 Fall Semester For K-5th Grade Students
12-Week After-School Strings Classes For Kindergarten Through 5th Grade Students
The 12-Week After-School Strings Classes for Kindergarten through 5th grade students are designed to give school students an extra-curricular music activity, expose them to the orchestral string instruments, and better prepare them to participate in a vast array of string ensemble and orchestra programs throughout Henderson County. Students can choose to study the violin, viola, or cello. Please register HERE.
Steps In Preparing For The After-School Strings Program
- Complete the registration form HERE, select the class, choose which instrument your child is interested in learning (violin, viola, or cello), select the appropriate required materials package(s), and pay the tuition. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Required Class Materials: The items outlined below are required for the class and can be purchased on the registration form. These items must be brought to each class. Please select the appropriate materials package for the desired instrument of choice (violin, viola, cello) on the registration form. Materials will be given to each student on the first day of class by the instructor. Required materials packages on the registration form include the following:
- Essential Elements Book 1 for the instrument of choice (violin, viola, or cello)
- Shoulder rest for violin/viola or a rock-stop for cello.
- Portable Music Stand with carry bag.
- If you need to rent an instrument for the duration of the 12-week class, we will be happy to assist you in selecting the right size instrument for your child. Instruments can be rented through the Music Academy by clicking HERE. Please have your child’s instrument size determined prior to renting your instrument. Please do not purchase a colorful plastic instrument or purchase from Amazon. No matter how inexpensive or pretty it is it will not tune or play well and you may end up having to spend much more.
- Please bring your instrument, bow, shoulder rest or rock-stop, Suzuki or Essential Elements Book, and music stand to each class.
String Class Days/Times
Music Academy (Grades K-5): This class is open to all students in Grades K-5. One class time with a maximum class size of 10 students is offered for the 2021 Fall semester to beginning string students. Classes will meet each Tuesday, September 14th – December 7th, 2020 from 4:00 – 4:50 PM in the music classroom of the Music Academy of WNC and are filled on a first come, first served basis. No classes on Tuesday, November 24th, 2020. Class tuition for the entire 12-week semester is $110.00 plus class materials. All classes are taught by Emily Vaughn. Please Register HERE.