The Music Academy of WNC takes the health, safety, and well-being of our faculty, staff, students, and their family members very seriously. We are implementing some protective safeguards in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) as it spreads across our country. For constant updates on the Coronavirus in Henderson County, please click HERE to be redirected to the Henderson County Department of Health’s COVID-19 Public Health Advisory page. The North Carolina COVID-19 Response page is HERE. And the Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 page is HERE. Current North Carolina cases with map can be found HERE.
Current Status – UPDATED Friday, April 3, 2020
- Private Lessons: All private lessons will be moved to an online lesson format beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 and continue through Thursday, April 30, 2020. Reassessment to continue online lessons in May will be made by Friday May 1, 2020 Music Academy faculty will primarily use Google Hangouts, Google Duo, or FaceTime for these online lessons. Please consult directly with your teacher to determine which format works best for you, how online lessons will be initiated and conducted, and any necessary procedures that will allow for a seamless transition. The Music Academy of WNC will maintain current studio policies during the weeks online lessons are conducted for all students. Please contact the Music Academy Director HERE or call 828-693-3726 with any questions.
- Ensembles and Music Classes: All Spring semester ensembles and music classes have been cancelled for the remainder of the Spring semester effective Monday, March 27, 2020. These ensembles and music classes include the Brio, Sonata, and Cadenza orchestras, the Serenata Chorale, the two string quartets, and all Beginning Strings classes. Students may request credit for the fall semester, credit on their upcoming private lesson billing cycle, or refund for the five remaining rehearsals. Please contact the Music Academy Director HERE or call 828-693-3726 with any questions.
- We are constantly disinfecting surfaces, furniture, door handles, keyboards, music stands, and common touch points within the building.
- We ask our faculty, staff, students, and their family members to wash their hands with soap and water as well as use hand sanitizer prior to all in-person lessons, music classes, and ensembles held at the Music Academy. Our restrooms are located in the back hallway.
- We ask our students and their family members to refrain from attending in-person lessons, music classes, or ensembles if they are sick or showing any symptoms that are linked to the COVID-19 virus. Family members of students are encouraged to remain in their vehicles instead of waiting for students in our lobby or other parts of the building during their Music Academy visit.
- We encourage our faculty, staff, students, and their family members to use simple, everyday actions that protect us all from respiratory viruses, including frequent hand-washing and properly covering every cough or sneeze.
- We are monitoring the situation daily and will continue to take the recommended steps as suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and our local governmental health agencies and providers. Be assured that we will reach out to our faculty, staff, students, and their family members immediately if the status of our operation changes.
- This page is constantly updated with the latest information on our operational status and procedures at the Music Academy of WNC. Please bookmark it so it can be frequently accessed.